Sunday, July 14, 2013

It went and kissed my living breath

It was not born with me,
Nor my body was made to sustain it
It never helped me to improve myself emotionally or intelligently
It is not at all a companion during my sorrows or my victories
Every moment I took it in to my hands it waged a war on me
It suffocated my body, it contaminated my blood
It went and kissed my living breath and whispered death
Ohh how many times I called myself a fool
For buying cancer and carrying it in my pocket
Ohh! How many times I asked myself why is it so difficult to quit
Why is it so difficult to stop pumping nicotine into my lungs?
All through I knew that I can do anything I want to with it,
I can light, I can kiss it, I can crush it
All I forgot is that I can  tell that it is the dust bin where you should go
NOT MY BODY – now I am saying   :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Stand at ease :-)

Views and opinions expressed in my blog are purely personal and has no connection to the organization/s I work/ed for.